Welcome to Lost Chord
Listen into Radio 4 on Friday 31st May at 2.15pm for Deborah Wain's 'Notes to Self' drama.
Congratulations to five runners who raised over £2,335 by taking part in the Sheffield Marathon. What an amazing achievement!
Annual Golf Day
24th May 2013 at Rotherham Golf Club
Following on from our very successful foray into the world of golf and by popular request, we are holding another golf day at Rotherham Golf Club. This will be a really enjoyable day where you can have lots of fun so put a team together with family, friends or colleagues and raise money for a great cause. Click here for more information.
For details of all our events please click here
We are an innovative charity dedicated to improving the quality of life and wellbeing of those suffering with dementia using interactive musical stimuli to increase their general awareness and self esteem. Lost Chord is now a highly successful award-winning charity, operating in more than 110 homes in South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Coventry, London and Cardiff. Find out more about dementia
"Music can in such a simple way help to overcome these feelings of frustration and humiliation. Music is the most effective and often the only way to stimulate a response. It seems to reach into their very souls and unlocks that door behind which a frightened, intimidated and humilated person hides. Life at times is just too awful to face for most of them."
Helena Muller, founder
Why dementia matters...
- 25 million people, or nearly half the UK population, are affected by dementia through knowing a close friend or family member with the condition
- Over 800,000 people are living with dementia in the UK- a number forecast to double within a generation
- 163,000 new cases are diagnosed every year in England and Wales- that’s one every 3 minutes
- Dementia currently costs the UK £20 billion a year. Twice as much as cancer and three times as much as heart disease
- Just 2.5% of the government’s medical research budget is spent on dementia research, compared to 25% on cancer
- The Alzheimer's Research Trust and Oxford Dementia 2010 report reveals that dementia is the greatest medical challenge of our age
Source: Alzheimer's Research Trust
Annual Golf Day
A fabulous day of golf at the picturesque setting of Rotherham Golf Club more
Ampleforth & Ryedale Concert Choir and Friends Orchestra
A concert of music to celebrate the centenary of the birth of Benjamin Britten (1913-1976) more